Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online Ordering System

Status
Not open for further replies.

stretcher012599

Programmer
Nov 26, 2005
US
Im looking to setup online ordering for my client. They have an intranet setup at their company running ASP and SQL server. There are 4 separate databases for 4 internal companies on the SQL server. They have a website for each of the 4 companies which is hosted on the outside. What I need to do is setup online ordering so when a customer logs into the website they can place an order. The website needs to be linked to the parts table in the intranet SQL server. Once the order is placed I either want it to go directly into the order table on the intranet SQL server. What would be the best solution for doing this? By linking the 4 websites to the SQL database and having the internal people working in the system conflict? I would say there could be about15-20 orders a day per company. Any information on this would help, thanks.

By linking the 4 websites to the SQL database and having the internal people working in the system conflict?

No conflict but perhaps a security issue if the web server is outside the firewall and the database is inside then you'll need to either poke a hole or put a copy of the data on the outside and rig up some replication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back