Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2003
US
I need an online monitor service that checks the uptime of a web server from a remote location. I would need that service in Europe and USA.
Does anyone knows who provides that service ?
Regards.

Guy

I'm kind of new to Visual Basic but I don't see why it could use a "heartbeat" feature such as the likes that comes with UniGraphics and other high end CAD design software.

Basically, I am sure you could write some VB application that pings a server every say, 30 seconds and records the length of time between non-responses (downtime).

I'd be happy to help but my VB knowledge is still somewhat limited, but I'll look into it.

-----------------
Cogito Ergo Sum
-----------------

This company has a free tool that will monitor 3 servers,
More for $99 (might be worth the piece of mind).

I have used "Big Brother" and "What's Up Gold".... BB used to have a free version (I am uncertain now if they do), while WUG is an excellent commercial $$ software package.

All have notification methods (pager, e-mail, etc.).

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough. I already use monitoring software (WhatsUP) in my NOC to check my servers, but those checks are done from my network. What I need is an online service, where I could pay monthly to have my servers or routers checked from another part of the world. I want redundancy and reports of delay from others parts of the world (explame USA or Europe).
Thanks a lot from your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back