Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online Local File browser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightsoft

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
DK
Hi everyone.

I'm investigating the posibility to make a webpage, with a local file browser, in a tree view, like ie windows explorer. It is not so much the looks i'm going for.
More on how to make the functionality.
I have been searching around a lot now, and can't seem to find any docu on this.. If it's even posible..

I've once seen an applet, which could do a tree view of local drives and folders, - So i would think it was possible..

Anyone tried something like this, who could give me some direction on what to use, or perhaps some links, would be great.

The thing I'm making is an upload thing, whare in the left, theres a local file browser, and in the right, the files, can be viewed.

Any help is appreciated
Well, Ill keep on looking, see ya

thnx

Dennis

Machine code Rocks:)

only applets and Activex are goin to solve ur problem, but now all browsers are coming with a security feature that doesnt allow the browser to access any files on the local system(even for reading)...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back