Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ONKYO 5.1 digital to Asus A7N8X deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2003
US
I am building a computer w/ an Antec 1040B2 case and an Asus A7N8X deluxe motherboard. The speaker system is where I'm having a problem. I bought an ONKYO 5.1 digital theater surround sound speaker system because the motherboard documentation said it would support such a digital system. However I can't connect it properly. I looked at the digital cable that came with the speaker system and it won't connect to the audio ports in the rear panel. Now this motherboard has 6 pin SPDIF1 audio connector (w/ 1 pin missing) on the board but how can you connect the digital cable supplied by ONKYO to that? The digital cable won't go.
I would try to connect to the speaker system w/ the analog connection but I bought it for digital. Is there an adapter for the connection? I will give thanks in advance for a helpful hand in this matter. Thanks
NotinNYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back