Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ONExPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

iComms

Technical User
May 15, 2012
GI
Hi ALL,

Is preferred edition required to run onexportal. On ip office on 9.1

Thanks as Usual.

Tom

Yes.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

or Server Edition...

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

NO
it is not required to run one-x portal but it is allowed to do so and if users licenses are available (power user, mobile etc.) then users can use the features of one-x portal

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

ha ha... yes, if being pedantic you're right. But for your users to use in any useful way you need either a licensed preferred edition or server edition system and the right individual user licenses.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, power users need a preferred licence or the come back obsolete. (feeling to lazy to look it up)[pipe]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

In earlier releases you had been able to buy power users as well as one x portal licenses without the need for a preferred edition. If you upgrade such licensed system they should still work (perhaps not with R10 anymore).

If you buy it new you will have to have a preferred edition license in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back