Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ONEWORLD ON WIN2000 CLIENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anto1000

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
IE
Hi I'm installing Onewolrd XE onto Win2000 clients.

Can anyone tell me how to grant restricted users to have the rights to install a new package or envoiroment from the Deployment server, when Prompted to as they log on JDE?

The only way i can do this to grant the user admin rights

be greatful if anyone can Help

Anto1000

We are looking to upgrade to Xe in the upcoming months. At the same time we are looking to upgrade ourt clients to Windows 2000. Can you give me any info on performance, advice, suggestions, anything to be aware of, etc.

I dont know if this is what you need, both you can put admin rigths to the user locally on the windows 2000 PRO.

Probably all got answers on this by now but the registry changes below allow a user to install JDE packages and still have restricted user access to the local machine.

Give users full control registry listed below.

1: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\JDEwards.

2: HKEY_CASSES_ROOT --------the full tree.

3: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDll’s.

4: In username & passwords change the user to a restricted user, and then reboot workstation.

5: Test the JDE, by logging in and watch to see if it pulls down the new Package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back