Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One X Portal tips needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.

I have faced a lot of challenges with one x portal were it becomes unavailable. I have noticed this at different sites.
What best practice needs to be done in order for it to work perfectly? Any tips, dos and don'ts when setting up one x portal server?

Your best bet, is to troubleshoot why it's becoming unavailable.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Number 1 tip. Stop trying to understand why it has stopped working, why you have to keep re-installing it when it randomly breaks and why the hell Avaya Avaya moved away from an installed client..

I have searched high and low and even contacted Avaya support. They took logs and admitted that they are having issues with one x portal and advised me to upgrade to the latest release of which I deed.
One x portal keeps stopping to work at the latest release R9.1.5.
All providers will be green but it will just not work.
I was hoping there would be someone who has had a similar experience and managed to sort it out.
However when it has stopped working I can log in as Administrator but not as a User. When I try to login as User I get an error: An error occurred in the server.
Please find attached screenshots.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a7cd753d-e851-4b1e-b5dc-716c0e7b8ba2&file=OneX_Portal_Screenshots.docx
Is it running on a dedicated server with enough ram and cpu?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It is running on a Dell R620 application server with enough cpu and ram.

1) what software level
2) raise this issue with Avaya

Should have read the full history before posting

You might check the syslog file to see if it is reporting anything in particular but if Avaya have confirmed problems then you probably are not going to fix it
rolling back to V9.1.4 (or possibly earlier) might be usefull

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I have already raised the issue with Avaya as posted earlier and also the software level.

Sorry Tinos, was editing my post whilst you submited your reply :-(

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If you have ordered the appserver than it should be ok.
Do a little google on avaya dell620 issues and you will see some issues coming by.
Maybe yours is in there too.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Well noted but I am facing the same challenge at another customer with R220 dell application server.
One X portal is working for those two sites. Both reported to Avaya. Both not resolved.

I have gotten a few lemon dell servers from Avaya recently. Mostly the R220 though.
If rolling back to 9.1.4 doesn't work try to put in for hardware replacement.

Avaya has taken logs and for six weeks now they have no fix. They want more logs.
Does anyone have tips on how to get it working from experience perhaps.
R9.1.6 build 11 just upgraded and no joy. Still as with the old version.

Was this a brand new installation at 9.1 or was it upgraded through previous versions to 9.1?

ACSS (SME)

It was a new install at 9.1.2. Never worked.
Then went through upgrades 9.1.5 now 9.1.6. Still not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back