Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One X Portal Password is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartech

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2016
US
We have recently migrated to an IP Office system and recently we have had to Stop and Start the One X Portal services through the Application Web Server Control to correct the issue where a user receives this message when they attempt to logon to the One X Portal for IP Office web browser

Invalid user credentials. Both user name and password are case-sensitive.

Had someone changed the user name or password recently.

The user name must match the USER in the manager.
The password must match the password in the user field in Manager.

Both of these instances are for new users actually.
One for a new hire who is being asssigned the extension of the person they are replacing in their job position
and the other is for a user who came back from vacation after the new phone system was set up.

We know the names and passwords are being entered properly.

Our vendor is suggesting the service STOP\START but that requires someone attend the server after hours.

Are you sure that one-x still shows the users when logged in as admin?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Go to one-x Admin -> Configuration -> Users. Check if the users are present in there.
Try hitting Force directory sync from one-X admin.

Is this even a question or just a post about what you did to solve the issue?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Is this even a question or just a post about what you did to solve the issue?
Sorry, I failed to add to my original post that the recommended service stop/start did not resolve the issue.

Are you sure that one-x still shows the users when logged in as admin?

Hmmm, the name that appears for the user does not appear in the format that we adopted from the vendor during implementation.

We are just learning the system so we will go back and edit the user so we log in with the proper user name[bigsmile]

Uh Oh, when we updated the user name in IP Office Manager we chose Immediate and that caused all of the phones to re-register.

That's because you selected immediate .

The default would have been Merge.this will merge the changes without a reboot.

When you save any changes the system will decide which type of merge that should be applied for you.
Normally Merge.

If you manually select Immediate then the system reboots itself.

Thank you for the pointers Snowman50!

Are we with IPO config and merge/reboot or with a One X Portal problem? Ask you vendor to do his job proper.

Yes, IPO config and merge steps are now documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back