Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Portal not working after upgrade to 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danisrael

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2013
US
I recently upgraded our IPO/VMPRO/ONE-X from 9.0.12 to 9.1.10. Had small troubles with each of the other systems, but the one-x I can't seem to resolve. With One-X at 9.1.10.0 it can't authenticate users. When someone attempts to login they receive:

"Error - Invalid user credentials. Both user name and password are case-sensitive."

I can login as Administrator & Superuser. The IPO components all show available under status. However, when I try to validate a user under Diagnostics I receive a dialog stating "Details of the requested user is currently not available." For the record, the IP Connection seems to test successfully. This machine is a VMware virtual machine. And I can also revert to a snapshot of 9.0.12 and everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Login as Administrator and force a user synchronisation.

Linux or Windows?
I would comletely uninstall One-X, wipe all remaining data and re-install a fresh One-X portal.
Is way quicker as error finding.

Okkie26: I've done this, but I only get a dialog stating "A Synchronization was initiated" I can't see where it completes successfully. I have created a new user (Test1x) in the IPO and it does pick that up as a drop-down option in USER DATA VALIDATION. That makes me think it is communicating successfully with the IPO Directory...but it still won't allow the logon.

intrigrant: It is Windows (Server 2008 R2). I thought about reinstalling, but it seemed like I had a lot of troubleshooting when we first installed to get the one-x "mobile" stuff to work.

Probably an open door...

Is the logon screen set to 'user' logon istead of 'maintainer' logon?

Install it per installation docs and follow it by the letter, it should not cause problems.

Open door?

The Logon(s) that are failing are 'user' I am able to logon as "Administrator" & "Superuser" ... not aware of 'maintainer'?

Haha, I have never seen maintainer on One-X Portal, must be a new feature I missed.

I made 7 different attempts to reinstall this. Getting a variety of errors on each attempt. I even printed out the direction and drew a line through each step in an attempt to ensure I didn't miss anything. FYI - There are a few steps that were not valid anymore, especially with regards to pre-testing the Voicemail pro through a /localstart. This is not a valid page installed in iis by VMPRO 9.1

Nevertheless, the problem ended up being in something in the IP Office. One of the errors that occurred during two of the installation, was "preferred edition license is not available for the IP Office" I know this was inaccurate, so I rebooted the IP Office. Once I did that, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back