Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Portal Integration issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJenks

Vendor
Jun 8, 2005
US
Hi everyone, it's been many years since I posted here. Some quick background about myself, I've installed at least 200 IP Offices as a vendor with a variety of various configurations in my time so I'm no newbie. However, I've been out of the IPO game for about 10 years for the most part, so I'm a bit rusty, but I'm back! A lot has changed since 2013. Anyways, I'm having some issues integrating One-X portal 11.0 (Windows version) with a IP500v2 on 11.0 (Preferred edition). I have all the needed licensing for One-X in place (Power User Licenses). I have searched high and low on the Net for my integration issue but can't seem to find much. So here it is:

After successful installation of the One-x software on a windows server (Tried Server 2012, Server 2016 and server 2019), I used the browser and connected to the One-X admin login setup page for the initial setup/integration to the IP Office. The first step is entering the IP Office Unit IP address, this is where I'm getting hung up right of the gate. When entering the IP address it does not find the IP Office. The IP Office is on the same physical local subnet. I can ping the IPO from the One-X server and I can browse the IP Office web client with a web browser from the One-X server. I confirmed I have the correct password for the EnhTcpaService. It seems as though the IP Office is not configured to accept connections from the One-X server. I have been referencing the Knowledge base document linked below to a T for prerequisites and step by step installation -->

Here's my first question:

1) I noticed in Manager under the System/system tab in the help menu, it shows an option for Messaging server. It states:

Messaging server - This field sets which service is used as the IM server for Avaya applications that support instant messaging. It has the following options:

one-X Portal- requires a one-X Portal server installed.

Avaya IX™ Spaces- requires the System | Avaya Cloud Services configured.

This option does not appear in the manager system/system tab, nor does it show in the web client system tab. Why is there a reference to this option in the help menu that doesn't exist. Am I missing something? Is this why One-X server can't see the IP office? There is a similar tab in system --> Avaya Cloud Services but no mention of options related to One-X in the help menu.

2) I ran a comparison test, I spun up a VM running IPO server edition 11.0. I attempted to connect the One-X server to the Server edition and it see's it no problem from the One-X admin menu when entering the IP address. I verified in the Knowledge base (linked above Pg. 9 diagram) that One-X windows version can connect to a physical IP500v2. Is this no longer a viable configuration method? I'm unsure why this isn't working and don't know where to go from here. Utilizing One-X app was one of the deciding factors to purchase the IP Office. Not sure what I'm missing.

Any insight or solutions would be great. Thanks for all responses and help in advance!

ACS IPO-I

Update for those interested: I had downgraded the IP500V2A initially to 11.0 to utilize VMPro windows version not realizing the IP500v2A is only supported on 11.1.x or higher. Everything worked fine on 11.0 including VMpro, but One-x Portal did not seem to integrate properly.

ACS IPO-I (expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back