Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Portal backup and restore to a new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicsniper

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
US
Hi gang,
Anyone performed a restore of One-X Portal to a new/replacement server to retain the user profiles? The R6.1 Avaya KB mentions the configuration is backed up as backup.sql in the bin folder of the one-X Portal for IP Office application (default C:\Program Files\Avaya\oneXportal\Tomcat\appache-tomcat-6.0.18\\bin\backup.sql) Additionally, there is a seperate backup/restore procedure using the Superuser login.

I've performed both backups (I have the backup.sql and the OneX-DB-Bkp.zip file) but does one do BOTH restore procedures listed in Maintenance and Backup/Restore sections or just one of em?

In a nutshell, the cust-provided server was implemented incorrectly and I provided a temp server that has been running One-X clean. The cust-provided server has been reimaged and I want to pull the config into the cust server (that now has a clean install of One-X up and running).

Many thanks.

Copied over and restored the backup.sql database and restarted the One-X Portal service as documented. One-X user profiles created/modified by the users did not carry over in the backup.sql.

The other odd thing is the backup config OneX-DB-Bkp.zip file (that was created with the Superuser login) is empty when you try to extract the contents.

WTH?

I not sure if you can do this.
Perhaps you better contact Avaya for this or run it on a virtual machine.
Then it is much easier to move the "server" to other hardware.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back