Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X outlook plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy80

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
GB
We have a few users that have their phone numbers stored in thier outlook contacts as +44 1xxxx or +1 800 xxxx however they are finding that dialing via the outlook plugin is not working as they simply get the message back they have dial an incorrect number. These users all have active sync to their mobiles and travel abroad too hence their numbers being stored as +44, +1, +353, etc. Is there a way to work around this?

Why can't that be changed to 00 instead of +???

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The reason is that our guys travel outside of europe so you are not guarenteed that the international exit code from that country will be 00.

Surely they are always dialling out of the system though, so just create shotcodes to strip off the prefixes :)

amriddle01 they sync their mobile phones to outlook via active sync so the numbers are used across both the mobile phones and via outlook in the office. I think I will have to see what I can make short codes do unless anyone has any examples of these short codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back