Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-x mobile on R9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tek2011

Technical User
Sep 29, 2011
CA
Hello,

We upgraded a UC-110 module from 8.1 to 9 didn't had any problem in upgrading it but it broke the one-x mobile that was working perfect on 8.1. I have entered the FQDN under the domain name, on UC module hostname but still not working. On the one-x mobile it shows the orange light and shows the status available.

Can anyone help me here??

Have you tried to enable it through the web interface?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

are you referring one-x portal then yes I can login on the web interface.

Yes what does the one x status show, also I believe you will need to upgrade the one x portal as well

when I login into the one-x portal it detects my profile and shows online and available. I already upgraded the whole UC-110 to R9 including one-x through the USB method.

I do not have a ton of experience yet with one x so maybe someone else can assist here, the only thing I can think of is to reinstall the one x

You may need to add your FQDN back to the administrator settings if you haven't done that yet.

Access one-x portal then click Administrator Login - Login - Configuration - IM Presence and then put your FDQN under the XMPP field

I expect that will fix the one-x mobile.

ACSS - SME

The XMPP domain is already setup and it resolves to the one-x portal IP

What error do you get on the phone when you try to connect? Also are you using Android or iPhone?

ACSS - SME

I'm getting initializing (orange) and I'm using iPhone. On the other hand it seems like we need to run service 5060 on the uc module. How can I do that?

If it was working before I assume your firewall is still fine. 5060 is a port that the IPO uses. So if you haven't changed your firewall settings you are probably fine with that.

I know that iphones require the FDQN to connect. Do you have split DNS set up on your FDQN?

If you do try connecting to your one-x mobile via wifi.. if you are on wifi try with your mobile internet. If all else fails try an android phone. Sometimes we just have to troubleshoot.

I wasted days troubleshooting one-x mobile an it was just because the data was disabled on my new Nexus phone -_-... tried on another phone and it worked. Also it could be the mode that you are using One-x in on your phone. If you have it set for VOIP right now change to mobile.

ACSS - SME

the problem is I'm not even connecting from outside I'm doing this internally. I tried both FQDN & IP of the iPhone and it didn't work.

if you are saying to try on an android phone I will give that a try but i think that's not what the problem is.

Iphone doesn't work with IP from what I understand just FQDN.

Def give it a try with another phone. Also the partially enabled thing rings a bell to me... that happened when I was on voip mode without the correct firewall ports opened. So if you are able to change it.. I think its an odd way to do so on iphone like a long press or something. Should be covered in the manual... anyhow my point is try to change it to mobile if it is on voip.

ACSS - SME

I think something like that happened to me, go to the linux web interface and uninstall the onex portal rpm, reinstall it, and go through the onex admin server setup after that, you should be good after that.

Cheers !

Yaze.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder, my work here is done.

Thanks everyone i will try a different phone (android) and reinstall onex portal by uninstalling rpm

If its showing as orange, that could mean "Partially enabled" which generally means that half of the app is working. I'd suggest that the call control component is working (8.1 features) and the VoIP component isn't (9.0 features).

If this is the case, you can prove it by testing something that 8.1 would allow you to do, try sending an IM to another user..If that works, you just need to setup the port forwarding to the IP Office.

shardian, sure I can try that too. Btw any idea what port forwarding we need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back