Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X mobile Notifications not working on some iPhones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneMan777

Programmer
Aug 1, 2010
US
I have a site where I have some iPhone running the one-x Mobile app. All of the iPhones are working except one. They are all brand new iPhones and they are all updated to the newest version of IOS. I also downloaded the same app from iTunes. The funny thing is that on most if not all of the phones, the notifications are working, so in other words if you close the app or the screen locks it still rings. On one particular phone Avaya one-x does not show up under settings> Notifications on the iPhone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. I have tried a full factory reset of the phone and creating a new iTunes account and reinstalling the app but no luck. Has anyone see this? Does anyone know of a way to force the notifications to show up or a work around? Thanks!

How odd. Just experienced this is exact issue on a 6+. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Going to have to investigate further.

| ACSS SME |

Correction - it is a 6 not a 6+

Software is showing as 8.4.1(12H321)

Also same issue on a 5 running 8.1.3 (12B466)

Checking the app store there is a version update showing as 11 Sep 2015 giving ios 9 support.

I can only guess that is the cause of the issue as I had no issues with one-x mobile on iOS a week ago.

| ACSS SME |

New iOS version is 8.4.1.693 on system status.

Also just installed it on my iPad and getting exactly the same issue.

| ACSS SME |

Okay a bit of further in house testing has shown me

One-x Mobile version 3.0.8 works fine - has the notifications option in the notifications section and the phone rings even if the app is not actually open.
One-x Mobile version 3.0.9 (released 11th September) - no notifications option and therefore doesn't ring when the app is not actually open.

If you have a user on 3.0.8 and they upgrade to 3.0.9 then there is no issues the notification option stays and the app rings even when the app is not actually open.

| ACSS SME |

I have now raised with Avaya under ticket ref - 1-9279497409

| ACSS SME |

Thank you very much Pepp77 for the thorough testing. This is exactly what I have experienced as well. All of the phones we installed last Thursday on the 10th were showing notifications just fine, and even the phones that have upgraded to the newest version .693 seem to be showing up with notifications as long as the were originally installed with a previous version of Avaya mobile.

It appears that the issue is related to the Sept 11th version on fresh installs so hopefully they will fix this soon. Thank you for verifying this in such detail.

New release on the app store dated the 21st September resolves this issue.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back