Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one-X mobile implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktripp

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
I'm working on implementing 5.2 one-X mobile with CM5.2.1. This is using the new sip trunking without the AES server.

I'm seeing issues where the server does LDAP imports into the MSDE db, but cuts off the total searchable users. Has anyone seen this before? It's almost like there is a hard cutoff somewhere about 550 users - for directory searching. It shows importing more that in the logs though.

Thanks,

i am about to put one in and see that you need to upgrade to the full version of SQL. so do i have to pay for that? BS.....it should be inlcuded...

The only requirement to use a full ver of SQL (according to the docs) is if you exceed 500 'provisioned' users. We actually have more users than that, but I don't expect that we will actually provision more than the 500 users.

We did not pay avaya for this imeplementation. I tried to ask a few questions and their response was - give me $600 per hour and we would be glad to help.

Ha Ha!
Natch!
SNAFU.

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Sorry,
Joke.
Natch = Naturally.
SNAFU = Situation Normal, Avaya Fleeces U.
Apologies to Hollywood. ( old film)

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Hi ktripp

I am trying to get mobile 5.2 working with my ACM 5.2 but although I see the sip trunk go active nothing else happens,the mobile number is not updated in the off station mapping either.Every thing looks ok and I can't see where I am going wrong,any ideas?

fredfrog,
Let's just say that Avaya's doc's are lacking in alot of areas when it comes to this product. I think thats why they want you to pay high $$ for their implementation. I have it pretty much working with a bit more tweaking. If there is a way I can contact you, I'll assist where I can.

Hi ktripp,
thanks for the reply.
The ACM is showing an event of " 2094 TCP/IP sig socket failure".The SIP trunks look ok and the sip logs on the mobile server show intial setup for callback but eventually timeout with a line in the connect log of

InitServlet.java: 106) - 481 = Call Does Not Exist. Looks like the subscription is dropped, lets subscribe again.

I have followed the Avaya docs and cant see any differences in my config compared to the Avaya docs
I agree the Avaya docs are very lacking.

regards
Fredfrog

Dumb question, but is your CM version 5.2.1? The 5.2 version of one-x mobile requires the 5.2.1.
When you do a trace on the station, is there any activity? If not, I wonder if the conversion rules are not setup correctly for 3/4/5 digit dialing. What is your ldap extension source?

ktripp,

i would love to talk to you about this as i am getting ready to implement one-x mobile as well. you can reach me at:
tdmorip at hotmail

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back