Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One X Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCIP

Programmer
Jul 24, 2007
US
i will be programming my first One-X. any do's or donts or any good links to the best install documentaion.

That being said

Decide what Ip address range you are going to use (autoconfigured, static or DHCP)

if you are trying to use static IP addresses the way that i have found is to set up a DHCP server (somehting like a ADSL router) on a non-customer netowrk that will issue DHCP addresses to the devices in the correct range. You can then use your laptop to change the address to a static one. (if I tried to change the range without going through the DHCP stage I had problmes)

Also check that the software build is the latest (certain features don't work until teh later releases). Groups don't have voicemail - only users do...

Practice upgrading and downgrading systems in the office before you go to site.

Docs and software are all available on the Avaya support site

Don't forget that One-X is designed to be user installable

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I had a lot of troubles with call quality on the g10 gateway with analog lines...

I had to take out the system (2 actually) and put something else instead and decided not to sell oneX anymore :)

I hope that the new gateway solve thoose issues.

Good Luck with the install.

Yaze.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder, my work here is done.

ditto matt knight

put an IPO in, you will end up doing that in a few weeks anyway.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

I had call quality issues on my first few One-X's. You must ground the gateways. I still sell them, but not as user installable.

I dont know how Avaya can sell them as user installable, and expect the customer to UPGRADE the phones/gateways. o me that is rediculous.

I agree that you should forget it, as they are very unreliable, hard to troubleshoot and without VPN or other IP connection you can't remotely manage. They ended up costing us several customers and the others we changed out for IP Office at our cost. Stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back