Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Geo-Presence ... is there a portal for this? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeathBCT

Technical User
Dec 13, 2013
US
I feel like the answer is going to be "no". I have done a lot of KB reading, googling, reviewing this forum, etc.

I know that it is possible to see the location of a user with the One-X mobile... from One-x Mobile itself. (I can see that my associate is at Location B when I look him up on my One-X mobile app)

What I was hoping is that there was also a website (like one-x portal) that will show geo-location.

Does it exist? And if so, how can I get to it?

ACSS - SME

No and i have the same idea.
Why is it not in One-X Portal?
This should be a build-in gadget in One-X Portal.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks tlpeter! Now I can stop searching lol. I agree it should be there..

ACSS - SME

You can IM with mybuddy in OneXPortal (by hitting the Avaya logo in system directory tab).

There you can enter 'locate <username>' to get the GEO location. If the app is configured to get the exact position mybuddy will provide a link with a map showing the GEO location.

Have fun...

:-O derfloh! Thank you

ACSS - SME

I tried this and didn't get any response. what am I doing wrong? has anyone else tried this?

I have yet to try it, it is planned for my deployment next month. I know its a ways off but I will update this thread with results.

ACSS - SME

make sure you spell the name correctly, it is also case sensitive

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

It does work, i tried it yesterday.
Although i still don't like the manual intervention.
This should be an option at the user in the directory of One-X Portal.

BAZINGA!

what exactly do you have to type in and where? I tried it the other day and could not get it to work. Can someone please explain exactly what I need to type in?

You just type locate username

BAZINGA!

From the manual

You can locate another contact in one-X Portal for IP Office using the mybuddy window.

In the mybuddy window, type locate to get the location of the contact. The system displays the date and time associated with the Global Positioning System (GPS) location of the contact's phone. The system also displays the URL of the map where the user is located. The system displays the address in the language that the contact has set on the phone.

Note: The user must set the location to a maximum GPS precision in an Android phone for the system to display the marker. The color of the marker indicates the presence state of the user, when you hover the mouse over the marker the system displays the name and extension of the user.

Note: If the contact that you want to locate has not published the GPS location, then the system displays the following message: No Published GPS location.

To locate a contact:

1. In the mybuddy conversation window, type follow followed by a name or extension number.

For example, locate John

2. Press Enter.

The system displays the address and the URL of the contact in the following format:

23 Rocky Point Rd,Ottawa,Ottawa Divison, Canada: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, EST10:03

address of the server> :8444/IM/maps/scsimbot.201-136034432225

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back