Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchris

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
US
Anyone played with these yet? They look like a great solution for the smaller office, have a friend interested, but I have yet to talk with anyone who has actually used it.

Did one last week.....Nice product....They love the interface via the web interface to program....It was a simple insall too. I used the local power supply with battery backup built in. I would recommend to use a POE data switch since its a headache to find an available plug at every desktop.

The voicemail is not robust, but if your replacing a two line phone from RadioShack then it will work. I did also find that the Pots lines had some echo and had to use the tuning wizard that is a separate application for release 1. Also remember to ground the gateway which helps on the humming on the line.

All in all its a quick painless install and haven't received a call from them yet with any problems.

I felt they are very easy to configure, but they are very limited on what they can do. I replaced one with a partner 2 weeks after we had installed it. All in all for someone that just needs a generic AA it seems ok, but you can beat the price with a partner any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back