Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X communicator voicemail light indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark G

MIS
Aug 16, 2018
US
Hi, can someone help tell me why work from home agents using Avaya One-X Communicator do not get the red light indicator on the softphone to light up? What could I be missing? Thanks.

are they sip or h323? can you prove a station on one-x not on vpn has the lamp lit and when wfh the lamp isn't lit?

h323 stations working from home using Avaya one-x communicator and no one has been able to get s lit up lamp. I did read somewhere that we need to enter all the voicemail server info in the Avaya one-X® Client Enablement Services server BUT we though that was only used for One-X mobile so we decommissioned that server.

one way is to program an auto-msg-wt button on your station form

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

thanks joe2938 I initially offered the aut-msg-wt button but some users prefer the red light indicator to work. At this point since I can't figure out the indicator light I may just go ahead with the aut-msg-wt button. Thanks.

Code:
Message Waiting Lamp Indicates Status For

Only appears if Expert Agent Selection (EAS) on the System Parameters 
        Customer-Options
        (Optional Features) screen is y.

Valid entries   Usage
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        station         Since you only have one message waiting lamp on a 
                        telephone, you need to indicate if the message is for at
                        the telephone extension or the loginID.

loginID         Expert Agent Selection (EAS) must be enabled to use this
                        option.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
[b]NOTE: This is a system wide option[/b]
change system-parameters features                               Page  11 of  20
                        FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
CALL CENTER SYSTEM PARAMETERS
  EAS
         Expert Agent Selection (EAS) Enabled? y
        Minimum Agent-LoginID Password Length: 5
          Direct Agent Announcement Extension:                    Delay:
    [b]Message Waiting Lamp Indicates Status For: [COLOR=#CC0000]station[/color]
    Message Waiting Lamp Indicates Status For: [COLOR=#CC0000]loginID[/color][/b]

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks AvayaTier3 but one more questions. What if I have some users at their desk and some working from home but logged into One-X using their station extension? I want the indicator ligh tto show for both users on hardphone and softphone users.

It is a choice. Pick one for the system default. All other stations will need "man-msg-wt" or "aut-msg-wt" buttons.
Each voice terminal has one on page 1 of station form, and can track several other extensions with the mentioned buttons.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back