Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Communicator and LDAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

riggsme

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
US
We just connected our One-X Communicator to our Ldap directory. It looks up names well, but for internal calls, the Communicator routes calls with 10 digits across PSTN vs 5 within CM . I'm looking for the location of file with attribute mappings within One-X so I can use the "ext" field vs "telephonenumer" can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Riggsme

There's no way to build a DID mask in One-X communicator. The best way to fix that is in the PBX.

The command is:

change ars digit-conversion

You can use this table to tell the system to lop off the extra digits, and just use the extension.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

But our enterprise LDAP Dbase has both the 10 and 5 digit fields in it. There has to be a file with a pointer in One-X that tells it which LDAP field to look at for dialing.

Nope. There isn't. It's not that versatile.

Your best bet is to modify your ARS digit conversion table so calls will be dialed as extensions.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Dufus,
Thanks for the help.
Will look at ARS dig conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back