Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Comm and CLAN registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankingguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2017
SG
Hi,

I know this is an old topic but wanted to cross if this has been posted.

I need to point all of my one-x com to register to NR1 CLAN. However even though i point it to the specific CLAN, it keeps registering to a different NR NR221. There is no IP network mapping, instead it adopt using a different CLAN IP even though i only define the IP address of the CLAN in NR1. Please note that this is a 10 yrs old CM5.2 and some old configs are placed.

How do we clear configs in One-X Com completely?

CM load balances across all CLANs in a particular NR

list ip-i c
to see which NR each CLAN is in

the CLAN im assigning is in NR1. and I only have 1 IP address configured in my One-X Communicator.

Set up IP mapping for the one-x users.
How many one-x users do you have? I don't recall the max number of registrations a clan can handle but maybe that's the issue.
Would registering to the procr be an issue? I think 5.2 might have allowed it.

So we dont really adopt ip-network-mapping its because we have enough CLAN to partition users. Now even though i want to register my One-X Comm to NR1 (which i have too many CLANs with NR1 mapping on their ip-interface) it keeps registering to a CLAN with NR221 on its ip-interface. Which is so weird.

How do we clear One-X Comm to only register to its specified CLAN? I know the load balancing stuff but seriously, this is a problem.

I don't have a CM 5 to look at but if you 'change ip-i xxx' you may have a field to turn off h.323 endpoints. I believe that would stop one-x and h.323 phones registering to that clan but maybe that's not what you need.

Are regions 1 and 221 set up as direct WAN? Creating an intervening region between the two could potentially fix your issue.

Time to correctly configure the IP-Network-Map and migrate away from CLAN boards. Avaya MCC/SCC/G650 are all end-of-life products. The G650 was supposed to be removed in CM10 however it was allowed on a permissive basis. You probably won't see any firmware upgraded for the IPSI/CLAN/Medpro/VAL going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back