Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X and OCS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy80

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
GB
Hello

We are running Office communicator server 2007 here and have done so for some time we currently only use this for the chat features only. We had a look at the chat in the One-x portal but we could not see a way to get group chat working (this is used quite a bit here) and just seemeed to lack functions really. I understand we could look at using a 3rd party XMPP client however this again I am not sure if group chat will work as the two clients I have looked at didn't seem to support this. Has anyone got chat working well using One-x as the chat server with a 3rd party client? If this is not viable at present does anyone know how to intergrate One-x and OCS together I have read it is possible but cannot find a good document explaining how to do this.

Use Spark IM client with one-X.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Kyle, That looks like what I was after. Will evaluate this some more. Have a Star!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back