Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One webaccess user cannot log in

Status
Not open for further replies.

boell

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I have recently upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. I have one user who can't log into Webaccess. I can log in as him with the groupwise client but not through webaccess. I found tid 2942988 which tells you to recover the gwac.db file which I did but that didn't help. I have 110 users all working fine with webaccess with the exception of this one. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

The GroupWise client may use eDirectory/NDS credentials to log in and the WebAccess client (by default) uses a separate GroupWise password. Check the user's GroupWise properties and set the GroupWise password there.

I was logged into NDS as myself and then logged into the groupwise client as him.

WebAccess uses a separate password, by default. One thing you can try:

1. In ConsoleOne, right-click on user's object, select properties.

2. Under the GroupWise tab, make sure Account is selected.

3. Click the Change GroupWise Password button.

4. Enter and retype the desired password and press the OK button. That will set the GW password.

Try that...

I tried to reset his password with no luck. The wierd thing is when I turn on verbose logging and I try to log in as that user it just says user logging in then conversation timed out like it does when the browser is idle for too long. I was just going to archive his mail then delete his account and recreate it. The problem I'm having with that is changing the FID number. I have the utility gw5afe.exe but can't get it to work. In the documentation it states for use with groupwise 5.x so I'm not sure it will even work on 6.5. Thanks for your input so far. I am out of ideas at this point.

Does your browser meet the minimum requirements?

Novell® GroupWise® 6.5 System Requirements
======================================
Web browsers (for WebAccess):
---------------------------------------------------
Windows: Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 4 or later or Netscape Navigator 4 or later
Macintosh: IE 4.5 or later or Navigator 4.51 or later
UNIX: IE 4 or later or Navigator 4 or later

I've tried it on several machines most of which have IE 5.5 or 6.0.

When you say you reset the password, do you just clear it or do you actually enter in a new password?

In order to use WebAccess the mail box MUST have a password. No password, no access.

Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]

[rofl]

I've cleared his password and entered a new one and still get the same error "unable to communicate with groupwise webaccess agent"

Personally, I'd run DSREPAIR on all associated servers and try again. If still having the same problem, I'd delete the user object and then add him to the post office again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back