Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One way traffic on Digital E&M trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncmurf00

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2002
US
Good afternoon!

Got a strange one. It's not a huge issue, but would be helpful with call flow if we can figure this one out.

We have a digital E&M trunk between our NSU and a remote device. The remote device can place calls over the trunk to our extensions and even to the PSTN through the PBX circuits.

What's weird, is that we wanted to try passing calls over to the device. Took the trunks and assigned them a trunk group, setup a route plan, the ARS etc...

When we try the 4 digit number we're trying to call, it seems as though the Mitel is Winking the remote device but not passing any ANI (or DTMF tones). Goes to a straight ring then busy. The remote device is seeing the incoming call, but shows no ANI or DNIS received.

I'm sure this is pretty simple, but I think I've been staring at it too long! :)

Thanks in advance!

It's an NMS auto-dialer.
The dialer can wink a call to any exension on the 3300 and even dial 9 and get out the PRI from the 3300.

Maybe I'm going about it totally wrong. We started with creating a digit modification table for 5220 to then use a route plan pointing to the trunk group going to the dialer. The call does get initiated, and rings to the equipment, but in the logs we see that all we have is a call, with no destination information being passed over. Looks like a blind call, and the dialer doesn't know what to do with it,so it responds with an out-of-service busy.

We're not absorbing or inserting any digits.
I don't know if this is of any help, but if we do a direct trunk access to one of those trunks, we don't even have a chance to dial any DTMF digits. As soon as the trunk code is entered, the call is placed, and of course the busy.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back