Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one way speech path MGC 0-1 CS1000 RLS 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Hi, we are having issues with one way speech path on inbound and out bound calls only from sets that are in loop 0-1.We hear the callers but they do not hear us. We replaced the DSP daughter board on the mgc card for 0-1 but still have the issue. We checked for duplicate ip addresses on the network but did not find any. Could this be a bad mgc card or a network problem? Thanks.

That voice traffic is carried on the TLAN so an easy test would be to swap the network ports of 1 TLAN with another and see the result. If it still happens I would suspect the MGC Card. But I would also make sure the loadware is current on all DSP's

So put the mgc tlan for 0-1 into a different network port, or swap it with mgc 0-0 tlan?

I would swap it with 0-0 and see if the trouble moves to 0-0 or stays on 0-1

Got it, ok and if the problem stays then your thinking its a bad mgc card right? Do I have to configure the mgc card if I get a new one, or does it pull the info from the node? It's been a while. And thank you for helping me out.

We have been waiting for a maintenance window from the customer for this. I should be going there tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back