Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One way communication problem between IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibuor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2010
KE
Hello,

I have several IP phones connected to Avaya Communications Manager. Here is how it looks like:

3631->Cisco877W <-vpn->Cisco2811-->ACM<-vpn->ASA5505<--1608s
|
|<-vpn->
Cisco2811
|
(IP Office)
|
6408D+ phones

Now, if the 3631 calls any extensions on IP Office (there are several IP Office units involved), voice is very clear both ways.
However, if 3631 calls any of the 1608s, they can hear the caller, but the caller on 3631 cannot hear them. Between a 4625 and 3631, they just cannot hear one another even though the connection seems to be there.

Where do I need to look? It seems only the problem only exists with the IP phones (1608s and a 4625SW) talking to 3631... Yet they are all connected to the same ACM.

On the ACM, all IP Phones are configured using 4620 template.

I can avail all config information if required.

Thanks for any pointers.

I see you have multiple VPN's involved, and multiple CISCO routers. Check "H323 Fixup", also check to make sure your UDP Packets are being routed over the VPN, many times they will not be. UDP packets ARE the audio portion of the phone call.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back