Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One way communication in middle of conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
I have Nortel Meridain optopn 11C PBX syatem. Some people saying that they cannot hear caller but caller is able to hear. This thing happing in middle of conversion and olny on outside calls. I checked the PRI and everything seems OK. What would be the problem?

Thanks,
Ajay

I had this problem a couple years ago. It seemed like only incoming calls to call centre because only they had the trouble. Then one person not in call centre reported same trouble. The average user might have gotten this problem with one way conversation and just hung up thinking a crank call and did not report the trouble.

The fix was in the Bell c/o they replaced some cards some where. They did not specify because at the time the trouble affected other companies as well.

Start tracing some calls when it happens and get a t-berd on there to troubleshoot the channel. You need to find out where the audio is dropping, inside or outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back