Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Audio with SIP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossmark76

Technical User
Mar 17, 2010
GB
Hi Guys,

I've just dipped my feet into SIP phones and have managed to register a conference phone via SIP to our session manager, the issue I am having is that I can hear audio on the SIP end but I am not hearing audio on the far ((Avaya IP VOIP phone) end. I am looking to confirm what pages/settings I can check as our network is open on all ports etc???

I know this isn't much info right now but I can see the SIP device registered in user registrations ion session manager (it has an IP address etc), I don't see the SIP device in service on CM (although not sure if I would)....

Any high level advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

well, can you traceSM on the session manager? in the invites/trying/200ok you'd see "SDP" at the bottom of the SIP message.
You'll see something like this in here:
c= 1.2.3.4
m=audio 3000

Whoever sent that message says "hey other end! send me audio on 1.2.3.4 on port 3000!"

CM and the phone will exchange how to send media for the call. Avaya SIP phones don't use the network region page (default 2048-3329), but have their media ports defined in their settings file. If it's a polycom, then it's in the web page of that phone.

Make sure your media ports are lined up right and that's at least how you'd expect to find where the RTP ought to be going.

Do you look to see if there is a DevConnect note for the SIP conference phone? That typically shows how to configure.

Thanks both, I am unable to tracesm as I cannot seem to ssh to the session manager IP address - I am using putty and port 22 but I just get a blank page and then it times out. I can ssh to the system manager but there is no tracesm command present.

Do I need to enable ssh on session manager anywhere?

session manager has different management and SIP IPs. In System Manager's webpage, if you click SM and go into "session manager administration", you'd find the management IP you can ssh into.

Legend! Thanks Kyle555

just need the logon credentials now lol

cust cust01? that's what it is the first time it boots and if it never changed <7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back