Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Audio over IP trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

teej0820

MIS
Nov 3, 2008
US
Hello

We're running CM 4.0 on an S8400, 1 G650 and multiple G700s.
I have digital phones connected to one of the G700s that get 1 way audio across an IP trunk going to a Cisco CM. Every other phone on all other gateways work fine. The gateways use the same network-region and same codec set. The phones ae configured the same and have the same firmware versions. The customer says that the network routing is open for RTP/UDP. I can't figure out the issue.

Any suggestions?

Is the IP trunk that you are using in a network region with DSP resources (Far-end Network Region)?

The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you stop learning...

do you have the sames ip routes in the g700s?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

31lima - the IP trunk far end is a Cisco CM. It works all the time for all other phones. The Cisco techs tell me the DSP resources are a-ok and I have o reason to think otherwise, since everything else is a-ok.

Matt - the customer is telling me the network is configured properly. I do not have access to it since I am a BP. I have to trust them, although I am pretty sure this is the issue. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions.

>I do not have access to it since I am a BP.

I can see that the customer would not let you have access to their network (our BP doesn't have access to our network). However, in my experience 1 way speech issues often turn out to be routing related; as this seems to work from all but one g700 gateway, it suggests to me that that g700 doesn't know where to route packets, whereas the rest do.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back