Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-way audio on incoming PRI calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsjon3

Programmer
Feb 2, 2005
US
We have a customer experiencing one-way audio on incoming calls. They can hear the caller, but the caller can't hear them, at all. It happens at least a few times everyday to various users. They have:

IP500v1 6.0(8)
VCM32 w/ PRI daughter card
Phone8
2 IP400 DS30 modules (PCS 5 or greater) 8.0(8)-properly upgraded
37 4400 series phones (17 phones on module 1, 20 phones on module 2)

AT&T reports no errors or problems on the circuit. I have sent multiple traces to Avaya, with no luck.

Has anyone else run into this?

thanks in advance

It can be anything from your card, the cabling, circuit, last mile, their switch etc...

Are you getting errors on the circuit?

It's only occasionally that you have the issue?

You can request the provider come out with a t-berd or something of that nature and test the circuit and call quality right in front of your equipment.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

Thanks for the reply.

AT&T sent out a tech, but unfortunately I was not there to witness the testing. He reported the circuit clean. I have changed out the cable from the smart jack to the PRI card, which is only about 12' long. I have gotten zero alarms in System Status. I tried changing the provider in the config from AT&T to Local Telco.

The problem happens everyday roughly 2-5 times per day. They do have a relatively high call volume for an office their size.

The problem started showing up after we upgraded them from a Magix. Unfortunately, this does not rule out AT&T, as we had the PRI protocol changed to NI2 at the time of the cut.

Out of curiosity are they the same couple phones having the problems?

Just to be thorough post up your PRI line and channel config.

Also if you have a machine you can leave running for the day enable isdn layer 1,2,3 logging and just have those logs roll to a file at the end of the day. They may get a little lengthy, but it may give insight to the problem.

Get some sample times/numbers of good calls and bad calls and compare the isdn conversations to see if there are any anomalies.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

Is it happening on the same channels or random channels?

Is the PRI ISDN real or coming from an IAD router?

Log some call traces to track the call activity on the channels. The IAD routers are notorious for causing all kinds of crap!

....JIM....

Use monitor to help isolate issue.. Post traces here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back