Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One user on domain can't change display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kampspropane

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
US
We are in the process of changing all of our computers to Windows XP Pro and have come across a problem on one computer.

When we log in as 1 user (set as Administrator) under the domain, the user does not have access to change the display settings (this is as far as we got. No idea if this is the only problem). If we log in as a different user that is not set as Administrator, they can change whatever they want.

Since we are new to the world of Windows XP, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What exactly is the error message the Administrator receives when they try to change Display Properties? Have you tried both through the Control Panel, Display as well as right-clicking the Desktop, Properties, Settings?

I have tried both ways of changing the display settings. When I right click on the desktop nothing happens. If I try to open up the desktop settings in the control panel I get the message "Your system Administrator has disabled the display control panel".

I have tried both ways of changing the display settings. When I right click on the desktop nothing happens. If I try to open up the desktop settings in the control panel I get the message "Your system Administrator has disabled the display control panel" and he hasn't disabled anything.

Thanks for the info. I did neglect to mention the administrator has reloaded XP on this machine thinking that might help. It had the same results.

We got it! Thank you so much for your help. It was a corrupt profile on the server. It is working great now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back