Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one to many relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Warner

Technical User
Mar 7, 2018
US
I have a customer table and an order table. I want to create a report that selects all customers whose orders have all been placed two opr more years. If any one order has an order date < two years, I don't want to select that customer. So its' a one to many relationship. The tables look like this:

Customer file: order file:

cust number order number
customer name date ordered
last invoice date date billed
balance due amount billed
date last paid customer number

I think I must use an inner join using the customer number in both tables. Is there an SQL query or Select statement that meets this selection criteria? Or do I need a sub report that selects all the orders I don't know that syntax.

Using an inner join will work, as long as you don't want to see customers who have never had any orders.

Create a group on the Customer Number field, and use a Group Select statement (Report ==> Selection Formula ==> Group) to display only those where the last order (ie Maximum of the Order Date for that customer) is more more than 2 years ago.

A group select formula along the lines of the following should work:
Code:
Maximum({Table.Order.Date}, {Table.Cust_No}) < DateAdd('yyyy', -2, CurrentDate)

Use your actual field names.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Pete

Your post is a little unclear. If you are looking for customers whose orders have all occurred within the last two years, then the group selection formula should be:

Minimum({table.OrderDate},{table.customerno})>=dateadd(‘yyyy’,-2,currentdate)

If you are looking for customers who haven’t had an order in the last two years, then Pete’s formula is the one to use.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back