Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Slow Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkkidd

Instructor
Apr 23, 2002
GB
Im running a small LAN network consisting of two win2000 servers, 4 XP clients and 6 Win98 clients. Everything seems to be running fine, Active directory, Group policies, DNS and username authentication are all working. the one problem i have is file transfer between one of the servers and the XP clients.
Server1 is the DC running AD, server2 is a normal server which i use as a fileserver for the user files.
When the XP machines read/write to server2 they take forever (a 1meg file takes around 90 seconds), when they read/write to server1 or any other machine they work fine (a 1meg file takes less than a second).
Server1 and the Win98 machine can read/write to any computer on the network, including server2 with no problems.

If any one has any idea why this server is slow with XP clients please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back