Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Select Expert for main and subreports? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2004
GB
CR 8.5
SQL for data

Morning all

Quick question:

Is it possible to use one instance of the Select Expert but apply it to all sub reports within one report? ie, if I want to change anything I don't have to do it 3 or 4 times in each separate sub report.

I know I could set up lots of parameters and link them all, but I thought I'd see if there was a different way first?

Thanks

Lido
Development & Reporting
UK

Sorry just to add to this. Can I use formulas from my main reports in sub reports too?

Thanks

Lido
Development & Reporting
UK

Not sure if this helps, but software force's '.rpt Inspector' tool allows you to make global changes to a number of reports in one hit. Its not a bad effort though I've not used it in anger as yet. Try it out:

Be careful if you use the repository. In v9 you can install a repository with Crystal Reports. If you upgrade to v10 you have to have Crystal Enterprise to use the repository. (ie big $$)

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- TEK2(AT)kenhamady.com

In Crystal 8.5, there is a dodge that you can use to multiply formula fields, if you need a lot of rather similar values. Have a dummy report open at the same time as the report you are developing. Use copy-and-paste to move a field to the dummy. Then change its name and copy it back.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

sixtoesofdean,

What problems have you had with the product (and which version or versions) that have brought you to anger with it?

We are always looking for ways to improve the product and make it easier to use and more powerful / useful and would be interested in hearing your feedback.

Also, the site you listed is to our web forums section. For those interested in getting more information about this product and other products, as well as a FREE 30 day trial of the product(s), please visit
Thanks

Software Forces, LLC

===> two editions released: ".rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite (for CR5.x-CR8.5)" and ".rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite (for CR9.x)"
=====> download your FREE 30-day trial today!

proud makers of ".rpt Inspector" brand for Crystal Reports,
"SPL (Smart Pick Lists)" for Crystal Enterprise, and "SmartObjects" for Seagate Info & Crystal Enterprise.

Coming soon ".rpt Inspector 3 Enterprise Suite" for Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back