Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One router not receiving OSPF updates from another. HSRP involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie91

MIS
May 5, 2003
US
Greetings,

I currently have 2 2811s running 12.4 code that obtain and share OSPF routing information with each other. They are both in the same HSRP group.

I recently added a 3925 running 15.x IOS which is not participating in any HSRP. I set up basic OSPF routing similar to the other 2 routers but do not see any OSPF type routes when issuing a "[tt]sh ip ro[/tt]" command.

Is the fact that the newest router is not running HSRP of any concern at all, as it relates to OSPF routing updates, or should I be looking elsewhere for my troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Andy

ospf will generally work as long as the devices have a leg on the same network and are connected logically so that multicast traffic flows through.

so i would first check and see if you have a leg on the same network.
can you ping from the new router to the other two's interfaces?
if you are using vlans are they pushed to all places they need to be ?

if all of that is correct, then you can just debug ip ospf events(?) going off memory here....
and see what is happening.

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back