Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Phone Sending CID as "Unknown" 1

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

We have an IPO SE running in a VM Cloud on R11.1.3.1.0 Build 34.

They have a 9N Short code going out 50Main ARS with Nsi to the Main Number.

All of the other phones show the Main Office number, aside from one showing "Unknown".

Phones are 9608's

The only thing I noticed different from his settings vs. others was this - no idea why it is enabled or if it would affect the CID.

2024-09-27_14-00-39.jpg

Thoughts?

Dial in wouldn't do it. If it were me I would delete the user and the extension and rebuild them. Could just be a glitch in the matrix some where but a quick rebuild of both is usually a quicker solution than head scratching for differences.

I thought about it - however its the CEO's phone and hes just a joy to deal with. I will go this route though, thank you. Had hopes it was the dial in however not very high haha!

Sonderheft in the functions menu there is an option to dial anonymous. Probably this has been enabled sometimes.

Hello all,

We have an IPO SE running in a VM Cloud on R11.1.3.1.0 Build 34.

They have a 9N Short code going out 50Main ARS with Nsi to the Main Number.

All of the other phones show the Main Office number, aside from one showing "Unknown".

Phones are 9608's

The only thing I noticed different from his settings vs. others was this - no idea why it is enabled or if it would affect the CID.

View attachment 445

Thoughts?
check to see if anything has appeared in the user short code tab.

This feature is only visible in the phone menu but not on manager. You will only see it if you export full config.
Same with enbloc dialing.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back