Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Particular website Inaccessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrpat

Technical User
Apr 27, 2006
GB
Hi Guys

I have a question regarding one particular website that i cannot access, the rest of the Internet is fine.

Ive noticed that the website can be accessed if i go through a proxy server, and it can be accessed from another network also.

However on my network it wont let me access directly from the browser, ive checked the firewall, flushed the DNS, tried another browser and deleted the cookies and stuff, but still the problem persists.

Could it be my ISP, any help on this would be more then appreciated.

Cheers

Just as a test, change the DNS of a machine to 4.2.2.2 and see about that site. This will force the usage of another DNS server out on the Internet besides the ones you have defined now. If it works, then you or your current DNS provider has an issue.

Also check with another browser on the same computer.

Have you checked the hosts file on that machine and seen what's in it? Just a thought. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
[americanflag]
Support our Troops!

First, it isn't msn is it?

As above, check the DNS resolution (just ping the sitename).
Record the IP.

See how far a tracert (or traceroute) can get to them using the IP. Compare this result with a traceroute from another net.
Likely it will stop before you get to the final destination but check you get the same results. If you have different ISPs, perhaps they are taking different paths.

The problem is likely to be on their end, some routing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back