Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one month does not show up in subreport, but shows in underlying query

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddiMond

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
I have a subreport, in which data is summarized by month. This subreport is linked to the main report by employee id and year. After December 2007, data for January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2007 will appear in the report. My problem is that in the underlying query, there is data for december 2007 for a particular employee, but december 2007 just does not show up in the subreport. Any ideas where the problem might be?

Maddi

My guess would be that there is something in the REPORT that is coded to stop at November. Perhaps there is a filter in a field on the report to grab THROUGH DECEMBER but it was really coded UNTIL DECEMBER (i.e. not including.)

Another possibility is that the December information is spilling over onto another page but the report is setup in some way that it's not flowing to the second page. There are multiple ways in which that could happen. As a test for this, you could temporarily filter your query to only show December information and see if it shows up on the report. If so, then that's probably what's going on.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back