Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One mailbox for all users

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuben

Programmer
Feb 8, 2001
ZA
I want to provide one mailbox for all users logging onto a W2K Pro machine i.e. all the users on the machine must be able to see the same mail items.

However when each user logs on only the mail that was sent/received by that user is shown. All the users use the same mail account.

I have tried setting the 'store folder' in outlook express to point to the same folder for all users but this does not work.

Also the PC is on a peer to peer network (no domain controller).

Help please!?

Hi Yuben,

Do all users use the same .pst file??? If not that could be the cause of your problem.

I hope this helps,

BobbaFet Everyone has a right to my opinion.
E-mail me at cwcon@programmer.net
Be a nice guy 'n press that little ol'
VVV---(this one) for me ;-)

To elaborate on BobbaFet's answer, You should centrally locate the file that the "personal folders" is located in. That way, when any user logs in, they can all have centralized access to the same pst file.. try re-installing the users Exchange accounts and placing their pst in the same folder...with the same name...(same file)....hopefully all users will be able to se this file and use it..

ALternatively, i believe that if you redirect the "Mail recieved into" section of each account...and simply point it back to the "Exchange Account" instead of the personal folders,...then all messages will be located on, and accessed from all users, THe server...and not relying on a local file

Hope this helps!

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back