Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One license for all servers?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2005
US
I've got 7 servers in my environment, 2 2003 and 5 2000. I only know how many CAL's there are for both 2003 servers and 1 2000 server. My question is if I have enough CAL's to access a 2003 server do those also work for the 2000 boxes?? We have all licensing on Per Seat as opposed to Per Server. thanks.

As long as you have one CAL per seat then you can access as many 2003 or 2000 servers as you like. Obviously you have to have a server license for each server box as well.

Get's a bit more tricky with terminal services if you are using that depending when you bought your clients though.
You would need a separate TS cal for each user / device that uses terminal services in addition to the server access CAL.

thanks so much for responding to my question...you just saved me lots of time...I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back