Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One label and no form feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nro

Programmer
May 15, 2001
CA
Hi All

I have one problem with labels. I build one report (from label wizard), create the body and so on. The printer is a Panasonic Dot matrix and the labels are in continous form. The user has to print one label for one customer at a time. If I do so, the label print fine, but it issued a form feed. Is it possible to print the label and tell the printer to stay (or go to the next label and STOP) ???

I don't want the user to "rewind" the labels for the next customer.

I'm using Crystal 8.5

Thanks in advance.

NRO:

have you found a solution to this problem? I have a similar problem with a log report that prints a line at a time and have looked everywhere with no luck!

No, this really isn't how Windows printing works, it's not a Crystal concern, try to do this using Word and you'll have the same problem as printing is page based.

You might que label requests using some external code and then invoke Crystal to print when you're ready.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back