Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One application multiple "context" paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizkidnono

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2008
Hi, i am trying to set up Apache proxying of a tomcat server with confluence deployed on it.
The problem i have is that the apache proxy only seems to work when the "apache proxypass context is equal to the tomcat app context.

IE.

With server.xml contextpath=/

Apache:
ProxyPass /
Works.
But this one gives a proxy pass without images and non css

ProxyPass /confluence/
Then again

With server.xml contextpath=/confluence

ProxyPass /confluence/
Works.

But this one gives a proxy pass without images and non css

ProxyPass /
In the examples above i have edited the context path of server.xml to reflect / and /confluence on the tomcat side.

So as i would like to keep the possibility of deploying a proxy with virtual host with the / target or under a virtual host with the /confluence/ target.

The only way of doing this as it seems to me is by having tomcat listen on "two" context paths or alias for the application either running as / or /confluence

Does anyone know how to deply an application with two context paths or alias paths on tomcat ??

Best regards

Wizkidnono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back