Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OnCall routing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
We have several departments that have an oncall schedule where we have a DID that routes to an individual's cell phone on a rotating basis. Our vender set up Ring Groups for these and I have to manually go in an update for them, making the next rep Present and the last rep Absent. There was one group set up as a System Speed Call, which seems so much easier to configure an manage.

Here's the big question: Can we hand this management back to the departments? (I currently do this for 5 separate groups, sometimes weekly, another biweekly, some on the whim of the departments. (illness, vacations, etc.)

Are System Speed Calls manageable without logging into MiVB? Is any functionality manageable by non-technical staff without giving them admin rights to the MiVB?

What's the best way to get this off my plate and back to the folks that use it?

Thanks
AL

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

I've done this a couple of different ways. My current org uses Ring Groups for on-call teams, and the team members use MiCollab to manage their presence in the group. It's up to the current on-call member to ensure they are present in the ring group, and their availability is appropriately set to send the call to the correct device. You could also overflow one ring group to another if you needed to provide backup coverage.

Previous orgs I've worked with used a shared MiCollab account and then used the web client to change the active device to the on-call member. Each team member was set as a device in the MDUG assigned to the shared MiCollab account, someone would log in to the web client and change the availability setting to ring the current on-call member of the team.

Where is this done in MiCollab? Do you mean MiVB?
I log in to MiVB, Users & Devices, Group Programming, Ring Groups, then in the Ring Group make the member Present or Absent.
Can we limit access to only change their Ring Group? Most of these departments aren't tech savvy or IT and none have any business being in this application at all except to do this one task.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

No I mean in the MiCollab PC/mobile app. You can give users rights to manage their ring group presence in MiCollab, and they only can see and manage presence in the groups they are a member of.

If you don't want to give the users the app, you can do it via the web client as well, which is accessible from PC's, tablets, and mobile devices. But either way, for each user you need to go into MiCollab server-manager, go to MiCollab Client Service -> Accounts, select the user, and under Account Settings check the "User can manage group presence" checkbox. There's a way to go in via an SSH session and enable this for all users as well, but it's off by default.

The other nice thing about doing it this way is you can set up each on-call team in MiCC, so managers can monitor the group and change presence of the team members if someone forgets to take themselves in or out of the group. I set up a shared profile in Contact Center Client with a Queue Now view of the ring group and Extension State by Position view of the members, which are all added to an extension group.

This is the greatest news ever!
Works like a charm, thank you!

I've been thinking about releasing MiCC Contact Center Client to the managers for a while, seems better with more info than Ignite.

Thanks again,
Al

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0