Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

onBlur() effect doesn't work on Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvbruwae

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
EU
Hi

I'm using a small popup window containing the line

<body onBlur=&quot;self.focus()&quot;>

This works fine on an NT system (and probably on 9x systems as well), but not under Win2000 : the popup does stay on front when trying to click on the underlying page that called it, but not when other windows are focused from the w2k taskbar. I need people to close the popup before being able to do anything else, so the taskbar buttons shouldn't allow the users to change the active window (especially the page that called the popup shouldn't be accessed before the popup is closed). Is there a way to catch this (or does someone have an idea where win2000 differs from the other windows versions)?

Thanks.

Try to do it without the popup,
they are never that predictable.
Some people have popup-killers too.

It's used for an intranet site that allows employees to submit company requests, not an internet site with annoying popup windows. I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back