Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ON TABLE SUMMARIZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexcot

Programmer
Nov 9, 2003
IN
Hi,
I am using "ON TABLE SUMMARIZE" for the table summary. This is giving the summary for the numeric data. Now my problem is the summary data for the column we are getting in the last row, title is not showing in the same line.
eg.
Name Mark

Paul 400
Stephen 300

Total

I want this "Total" and respective Total of Mark in the same row....something like

Total 700

How can I do this? Is there any alternate way for doing this..?

Thanx in advance,

It may depend on how close together the two columns are as to whether Focus puts them on two lines. I've seen this happen, but I just ran a test where it did not. In any case, if the split is occurring in your report, try something like:

ON TABLE SUBFOOT
&quot;Total <CT.Mark>&quot;

HTH

Hexcot,

It gets confusing sometimes when focus does this, but when the text for the total line excedes that of the first column, it will split the lines. Usually, you can get it to go back to one line by adding to the size of you first column with a define. In other words, if name is an A10 field, use a define to make it an A20 filed instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back