Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

on selection from combo in grid, move to next cell automatically 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Hi Team!

I have a combo box in a grid. The rowsource is a cursor generated in 'When' method through a SELECT statement. I want to move to the next column, ie next cell in same row, when user selects a value from the Combo. But now, after selection control stays with the Combo and I have to press Enter to move to the next column.

Is there any way to move control to next column upon selection form the Combo box?

I tried setting 'SET CONFIRM OFF' but it doesn't have any effect.
May be a 'KEYBOARD {ENTER}' will work, but I am a bit reluctant to use KEYBOARD command as I have to then ensure that it is taken off from the memory that it doesn't go in for another control unexpectedly.
Any straight forward method?

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh

I forgot to mention you can RETURN 1 in the valid event, too. Or the control you want to set focus to, so RETURN THIS.PARENT.COLUMN2 from grid.COLUMN1.COMBOBOX1.VALID() event. Columns have a Setfocus method and will then automatically forward the focus to their currentcontrol (or dynamiccurrentcontrol), so that's also generally working.

But indeed Return 1 or KEYBOARD '{TAB}' also are most generally correct, as they automatically take into account when controls have set Tabstop=.f., you focus the next control in tab order and respect their tabstop setting.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke Software Engineering

Hi Olaf,
Thank you for the explanation. I got that "when controls have set Tabstop=.f." scenario!
Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back