Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

on mouseLeave command

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxg257

Programmer
Jul 11, 2003
US
I have a button with a mouseover, mousedown, and mouseup stage. When the mouseup has been set I want it to stay that way when the mouseLeave is performed. The only way it will change is if another button is clicked. For the other two states however, I want it to revert back to the original state. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried an if-else statement (among many other things) but to no avail. When using the if-else seen below I keep getting the output of the 'else' statement even if the 'if' part is true. Thanks for any help!

on mouseLeave
if the mouseMember = member "play_button_pressed1" then set the member of sprite 3 to "play_button_presssed1"
else set the member of sprite 3 to "play_button1"
end if
end

I would do it a little different

property spritenum
on mouseleave
if sprite(spritenum).member.name <> &quot;play_button_pressed1&quot; then
sprite(3).member = &quot;play_button1
end if
end

Thanks so much Horrid! That worked :) I just started to learn Director for a company project and I'm not real familiar with it yet. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back