Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On line help problems in Microsoft Access 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo123

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
GB
We have developed a package that we wish to sell on line.

We would like to provide 'upgradeable help files' on line from our web site, so that we can simply control the content, without having to ship (to users),(or they download the whole thing again).

Our chosen 'technopath', new word I just invented! is to update our help files regularly, as required on our website, under the same name philosophy, it appears you can create a weblink, from a drop down menu in Access, which seems to work fine in IE whatever, however the same package performs differently in AOL, ie(note little ie), in AOL, which supposedly is IE whatever corrupted by AOL! as usual!

Whether I like it or not many of my potential customers are AOL users.

Has anyone else hit this problem and do they have a 'workaround', it is pointless me calling AOL because they will say 'it works ok on my machine!', and I have no way of refuting that, although I know it doesn't work on mine!

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Neil Hewitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back