Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On-demand Unlinked Subreport Prompts Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerd1506

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
Hi all, here's my problem.

I have a main report with an on-demand subreport. The reports are not linked at all, and I don't want them to be.

The main report has a prompt and the subreport has a prompt. I do NOT want the subreport's prompt to appear when the main report is run, just the prompt for the main report.

I want the subreport to prompt the user for it's parameter only when the subreport is clicked on.

Is that possible, or must all subreports' prompts be either linked to the main report or entered when the main report is run?

Hi kramer

I am afraid what you are asking is not possible.

An unlinked on demand subreport can only behave as on demand if it requires no further information to process. You have seen the behavior if you include a further parameter and choose not to link it to a value in the main report.

One solution is to place the on demand subreport in a group of the main report that reflects the value you are wanting to pass and link it.

Otherwise it is not possible for it to behave the way you are asking for it to behave.

I hope this helps
Cheers
paulmarr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back