Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Demand Sub Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinHuggett

Technical User
May 22, 2002
AU
Hi,
I've written a CR 9 report with an on-demand sub-report.
It works beautifully in the designer, but, when I publish it via CE 9 the subreport isn't working.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Colin.

What is your Datasource, how are you connecting to it? What do you mean by "isn't working"?

Possibly your Enterprise account doesn't have the required access rights?

More info means better answer!

mrees

Thanks for your reply.

The report is accessing a sql server 7.0 data base.
By not working, I meant that I can't click on the sub report. The 'hover' over mouse feature does not happen.

I have two detail line sections in my report, A and B.
Section A contains data items from a sql server table
Section B is the on demand sub-report, designed to provide more detailed info on the data items in section A.

I have used the 'underlay following sections' feature, so that the on demand sub-report acts like a drill-down from the detail line.

This works fine in the report designer but not when I publish it via CE.

The userid I am using to access the report is a CE administrator.

Thanks again

Colin.

Are your container and subreports powered by stored procs/views/tables?

I don't believe that it is your Crystal login that runs the report, it is the account that CE uses, something like CDRepadmin, its a network account, not a crystal account. Its this account that needs to have the correct rights on the database objects.

mrees

Are you scheduling the report and then running the sub report in the historical instance? This can be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back